We recently discovered a dependency conflict using the Genvid SDK with Unity 2020.3.10 LTS and later. Due to this issue, building your project that includes the Genvid SDK will fail.
As a workaround, you can:
- Import the Genvid SDK Plugin manually.
- Import the Genvid Editor Plugin manually and deselect Newtonsoft.Json.dll.
If you still experience problems after doing this:
- Verify that you aren’t calling py unity.py prepare.
- Fully flush the data cache that Unity auto-generates.
- Close Unity and restart it.
This will update the dependencies, which should fix the issue.
The dependency conflict doesn’t exist using Unity 2020.3.9 LTS or older.
We are currently working on a fix for this issue for an upcoming version of the Genvid SDK.